A sustainable philosophy
- The leather goods and the fabric travel pouches in which your notebooks are delivered are made in France between Châteauroux and Chambord.
- The vegetable tanned leathers are made in an artisanal way in France in the Basque country in a small family tannery and in Italy, in Tuscany.
- Metallic leathers are made in labeled Italian tanneries that comply with European and American environmental and health standards.
- The elastic straps are made in Japan.
- The small metalwork comes from France and Italy.
- Louise Carmen paper notebooks are printed in an ethical company. We participate in the reintegration of 180 disabled people in the Zhejiang region in China.
Fabien Valmary - founder
Nathalie Valmary - founder
Curious about the world around her, she loves travel, inspiring encounters and the daring of those who step out of their comfort zone. Nathalie puts all her energy and creativity to bring her dreams to life and put them into action. Greedy of human adventures, beautiful encounters and chocolate, she is passionate about personal development. She worked at Cacharel, wrote 12 lifestyle books published by editions de la Martinière-le Seuil. Sensitive to fashion, photography and know-how that have a soul, she is concerned with detail and the product that makes sense, well done and well finished. She created the Louise Carmen brand in December 2016, following a one-year trip with her family to Asia.
The National Leather Council
has been supporting the brand's growth since 2019. The CNC is the ' institutional organization representing the leather trades in France.